Monday, December 30, 2013

365 Days of Change

Today is the 365th day of 2013 and then the ticker will start over again for 2013. The amount of change that can take place in a year is amazing. I think about the difference from when my kids were newborns, to their first birthday. A year can make a big difference. Or the amount of growth in my mairrage since last January. It's just amazing. Relationships change. One day someone you care so much about is in your life, then seemingly the next day they are gone. And the same can be said about someone popping into your life that wasn't there last year and now you can't imagine life without them. 

365 days can sometime feel like a short span of time. I often look back and ask, where did the year go? Or I think, "I haven't done much this last year, not much has changed." But when I really think about it, I can see the things that have changed and grown. Our family has changed...people have died, friendships have faded, and I've learned a lot more about life. I'm thankful what God has done! 

I'm leaving a lot of sorrows and tears behind in 2013. But also taking some really happy memories with me. Let go of the bad, hold on to the good. 

Happy New Year! 2014!

2 comments: