Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas baking, making, and no-baking!

Bella puts on her apron and says, "I am a maker!"

 I am not sure about you, or your family, but in mine we celebrate the holidays with lots of baking! Even if we don't eat it, which I am not...still dieting! (27 pounds down if you were curious :) I have a million more to go so you cant really even tell! Anyway, while baking I did not lick one bowl, taste one cookie... It may seem as though that is the important part. The eating. Well it is a close second. The MOST important part to me, is the baking. It is the day (or two) blocked out just for making all the Christmas recipes that taste good and feel good to you! The ones that trigger memories, emotions, or high blood sugar levels.

My Children and I are now doing this annually, just like I did with my mother. Although, I find myself not baking as much, but rather making, or non-baking! You know the easy recipes on the back of cereal boxes? Haha. My grandma Tesones sugar cookies recipe is AMAZING. That I did. As well as a few others. I thought I would share the journey of my baking, making, no-baking day (through pics, of course :)








Happy/Merry Christmas week Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment