Thursday, February 16, 2012

Coupon Fairy

Most weeks I get to go grocery shopping alone...most weeks. I have a great mom who helps me, and of course my husband will let me escape for some one on one time with my coupon book! But schedules and such prevented that from happening this week. Today I took my 3 girls shopping, that is always an adventure. Last week I took the girls into Sams club to get TP in bulk, ew. We also picked up a big container of blueberries, half of which made it on the floor! A 4 year old child of mine bumped it and popped the lid open, and bumped it again. Clean up on aisle 6 please?

So today after hitting the produce we made our way with huge car cart to the deli counter where. After ordering a pound of turkey I looked down at the shelf below the counter. Low and behold there is a coupon! A sweet little coupon placed strategically for me to get $1.50 off my pound of deli meat!

I know, it seems so silly. But more than saving a measly $1.50, it just means someone cared enough to share it, rather than throwing it away. This has happened to me a few times. Each time I reached for my product and the coupon was right there! Maybe I am the only one this happens to. But at any rate, I imagine my coupon angel fluttering before me placing the small, delicate, rectangular, 50 cent savings, exactly in the right place for me to see it...just to make me smile!

Actually, when I get really practical about it, it's probably no fairy or angel, but a sweet old lady who shares my love to save a buck or two! Makes my heart happy :)


The girls did great today, they even got a penny horse ride with "Bullseye"!


No comments:

Post a Comment