Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mind The Gap

Mind the Gap, no not the Gap that sells overpriced yet extremely adorable kids clothes. But rather the gap that exists between the platform and the train. The place you jump over to get onto the subway. Know what I'm talking about? The London Olympics have inspired this analogy! I am going to have a lot more time on my hands now that it is over!

Now, I don't live close to the London Underground, or even take the light rail that is yards from my house. I'm all for the comfort of my own car, personally. We drove to California last month, instead of flying, because who can afford to buy 5 airplane tickets, right? Well, some people can...we can't, ha! The plus to driving to the coast was that we got to pack the crap out of our car. This was an adventure we needed to take. In a very odd season of our lives we took a risk and went! much needed family time! But on the way home from our amazing trip I had that feeling. You know that feeling when you feel like something is wrong? Or you forgot something? I didn't leave a kid in California...so what was it? I blew it off to just being sad about leaving our vacation.

But after a day or two home I still had that pang in my stomach like I was about to hear bad news, or like I was gonna fall. After talking to my BBFF she encouraged me to pray about it and that maybe God was preparing my heart for something.

Sure enough, soon after that we had a big something happen to the family.

There it was, the gap.

I was de-railed. And to be honest, weeks after this event, I am still derailed. People close to me are going through difficult times. I am sitting in that gap between that solid steady ground, and the train that is about to embark onto the next destination. But in that gap I feel God slowly pulling me out, and the more I look upward the closer I am to getting on the train to move on. And I can't wait for that next stop...I don't want to miss it.

So the next time you get that feeling, mind the gap. Beware of that small dark tiny place you could fall into. God might be preparing you for a fall. Other times we get to hop over those tough moments, by Gods grace alone, and head over to the next stop. But other times He allows us to be in the difficult situations so we can look up at Him to be our strength.

So listen to the Holy Spirit, and mind the gap!

1 comment:

  1. This is the blog that gave me the courage to start my own. I love how honest and "mind"ful you are of God's grace. You have given me the courage to listen to his still small voice, and mind the gap in my own life!

    ReplyDelete