Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Picking Up the Pieces

It's been a tough week. I've been watching my sweet little guy Max, and my dad went into the hospital for a hip replacement, ouch. I think I have said this fifty times in my blog, but I am a worrier. I worry about it all. Worry is my cryptonite. It often leaves me defenseless and without any superhero powers. Dang it. I really need those. But regardless I have been as strong as I can through this difficult time for my family members. Feeling as though I need to help clean up and pick up this mess someone else has left.

My dad has been in the hospital for 3 days and my sweet mom stopped in to make me lunch Tuesday. She would, she takes good care of me! Her entrance was similar to a busy little tornado off to her next stop. On her frantic way in and out to get to the hospital she dropped her glass container...blam! Shattered. All over the floor. From chunks of glass to small itty bitty tiny flakes. It spread to all corners of the kitchen. She, of course, swept it up and I followed with the vacuum. Isnt that the worst? When suddenly it slips out of your hand, you find yourself in slow mo saying "Noooooooo" in the slow mo voice, of course.

But what if she had left? What if my mom dropped this glass and left wanting, no, expecting me to pick up the pieces?

I feel as though someone came into my life dropped a glass and left for me to clean it all up. I have to quickly pick up the pieces before someone gets hurt. I have to be strong and careful as to not get cut.

Help me to be strong God. But also help me to let you clean up the mess. Along with being a worrier, I'm a fixer. So as I sit up at 12:04 am worrying about the mess, I am also trying to fix the mess. Bottom line, I can't. People are gonna get hurt, weather it is a small wound, or a deep wound from a sharp piece. There is nothing I can do but pray that God takes care of me an the precious ones involved.

Help me let go God, help me to let you what you do best..and mend the broken.

Isaiah 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

1 comment:

  1. What a great analogy, broken glass is so difficult to clean up after. Praying that God will pick up the pieces in your life and make sense of this for you!

    ReplyDelete