Thursday, August 16, 2012

The light In the darkness

As I sit on the back patio listening to the distant siren, I can hear a cricket in the garden and my children discuss which book to read for bedtime as they scurry inside... I have peace. I have a kitchen full of dishes and a floor that desperately needs cleaning I looked for a bit of serenity. My children were running around with their lanterns tonight and as I looked on I found it. My girls were the only thing I could make out in the dark. It's getting darker earlier...boo!

But after a whirlwind of a few weeks, with a range of emotions...sadness, anger, regret, depression....I feel as though I am I'm the eye of my storm. It's calm for now, but I fear that soon the rest of the chaos will soon come and thrash me around a bit. Yet, for the moment I have peace and I see the light in the darkness.

God has never promised an easy life, but He did promise to always be there. I'm so thankful for that. As my children ran inside, they left their lanterns on the table in front of me. They were gone, but their lights remain. Although People or situations are dark, I have to leave a light shining bright. An impression of light if you will. I pray every night that my children would "shine with the love of Jesus all the days of their lives". Even at their young age, my little lights leave a little glimmer of hope in everyone's life they meet. Not because of who they are, (I mean they are no doubt the cutest), but because they have the love of Jesus. They stop people dead in their tracks, daily. Love shines from them lights beacons in the dark. It's truly mind boggling sometimes.

May my light also be powered by the One and only true source of light and love. Help me to shine in the darkness God, to make it through the next storm.

"so that you may become blameless and pure, children ofin a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:15 (one of my favorites)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you describe the "eye of the storm" it seems so calm, yet you are aware that it hasn't completely passed. The girls are everything they are because of who you and Pablo are! You share the light of Christ so brightly, especially in the midst of the storm!

    ReplyDelete