Monday, September 10, 2012

I Got This

Do you ever find yourself going through life, doing the day to day, managing the ups and downs, coping with stress the best way you know how? Even on the hard days I handle it and roll with the punches. "I got this, I got this". Until it is just simply too much to bare. The heaviness of life brings me down and guess what, "I don't got this, God!" These moments have been happening a lot lately. From family crises to my little girl fracturing her arm.

Yes, as you know from my Facebook Lili took a fall from a tree. She likes to run around with her older sister and forgets that she is much younger and smaller. My little go getter started walking at 7 1/2 months, (not joking) and hasn't slowed down much since. She is a talker, singer, dancer, climber and runner. As well as faller. We counted her scrapes, scabs, and bruises while we waited at Urgent care yesterday. There was a good 15. She doesn't do things slowly. If we are walking to the pool, she runs. When we have nap time she sleeps the bare minimum. She is my early bird and short napper. She eats fast, and is opposite of her twin in all of this! But all of these wonderful things have their down falls....literally!

Lili bird took to climbing this small tree in our back yard just this past week. She didn't go far up, and the tree itself is more of a bush then a tree. But after many talks about her being careful and my reluctance to let her climb, sometimes there just isn't any stopping her! She managed to dangle from a branch and at some point came to that point of "I don't got this, help!" moment. Big sister Bella was there, but at 4 years old, catching her sister did little but break her fall as they both tumbled.

I can't believe I wasn't there, that I didn't hear her cries for help. I wish I would have had a better eye on her.

Thankfully God always has an eye on us. So when I have those, "I don't got this" moments, my Dad has "got it" for me. Phew, He always is there for these moments of weakness and need. Now, relying on Him for every moment and every need is something I have to work on. I can't even take the little things on alone because those are one of the main things that break me!

I got this God, but only with your help!

Psalm 26:1
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.


"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain. But he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."

2 comments:

  1. All things fast- praying that means she'll recover fast as well! Give her hugs for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina, I know how your feel sometimes it feels that you have everything under control and then in a quick second things are shattering around you. Keep your head up! Your little girls are so lucky to have such wonderful parents!! :)

    ReplyDelete