Sunday, March 13, 2011

Singing to a Different Tune

The weather has been spectacular lately! With a high of 60+ degrees the next few days, we will be out enjoying the sun! When in the car last week we (meaning the girls and I) were on our way home from a day at Mormors and listening to music. Bella is at an age where she can ask for music she enjoys. Usually she asks for princess songs. Since my princess music collection is non existent, we usually just plug in my phone and listen to the children's Disney channel on Padora. With the windows rolled down I found myself fist pumping and singing to Imagination Movers, Hot Dog (Mickey Mouse), and Choo Choo Soul.  Wow. There was a time in my life I would pull up to an intersection bumping to something cool, sun glasses on, and more than likely a cigarette dangling out the window! Yes, I am a former smoker. SO very weird to think about now.

I know I have blogged many times about having out of body experiences, the moments of "how did I get here"? Well, it happens a lot. I often look back on my life and think, reflect, ponder. In fact, just tonight I was looking at old pictures with Pablo and he is still shocked at what I used to look in high school and college! My former body that was pre-babies, cigarette addicted, and eating disordered sure looked nice in pictures. I was sure unhappy though. I often have past feelings creep up on me. Since dieting and working out, my former ways sure seem much easier. Talking with my husband last night he said "you can't change the past, but you can the future." He even quoted Tony Horton, "Do your best, and forget the rest!" this triggered laughing....if you know P90X then you will get this! Thanks P90X. All you can do is move forward and not look back. But we were also talking about how amazing it was to look back when we were 19 and how far away 29 seemed. Now its the opposite ...19 seems so long ago!

So from my rambling I mean this, choose a new song, make a change, move on. We cant change the mistakes we made yesterday, but we change today. As Mickey Mouse sings...

"Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog
It's a brand new day
Whatcha waiting for?
Get up, stretch out, stomp on the floor!" 
"Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog!"

No comments:

Post a Comment