Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kings vs Wally World

We are always in need of milk and bananas.  Most weeks I find myself in the grocery store at least 3 times, if not more! My children's love for fresh fruit and milk make grocery runs an every other day occurance! Just buy a lot you say, stock up, right?. Well, bananas brown and milk goes bad. Plus the more I buy, the more we seem to consume!

I try to not shop with my girls, but most of the time I have to bring them with. Leaving small children home alone is frowned upon. (JK!) I wish I didnt have to grocery shop at all. I DREAD going to the store for a massive shopping trip. Something I have learned to loathe just recently. I used to enjoy strolling the aisles, looking for a deal or checking off my list of my "pre planned" meals for the week. Now its more like the gorcery cart game show. A mad dash to grab a deal, keep kids happy, and not forget what I wrote on my grocery list....the one I left at home. Inevetebly something is always forgotten and then carried over to next weeks list!

Although I really do not like the whole shopping expeirence, I choose Kings Soopers over Wal-Mart almost everytime. In order to keep myself somewhat happy. I have had many discussions with moms about which store is cheaper. Oh yes, I do sit around and have "gorcery talk"! Oh, my life is thrilling! If you care about this topic as much as I do, then you may enjoy the following list:

15 Reasons I Shop at King Soopers (Not Wal-Mart)

15. They have sales, and markdowns, and weekly mailers
14. I can find a parking spot close to the entry
13. The employees are friendly and actually SMILE
12. They have a 1 cent horsey ride, they even provide the penny!
11. I get 10 cents off my gas with my Soopers card
10. Kings sends me a personalized coupon packet for items I buy often
9. They have fruit samples in the produce section
8. They have the "car cart", I can buckle down all 3 kids!
7. The deli lady has teenage twin girls, she gives me advice every Thurs, and gives the girls cheese :)
6. They have adorable gourmet cakes and treats in the bakery that we like to look at!
5. Free pink kids cookies! (Its all about the samples!)
4.10 for $10 baby
3. Some meat is marked down to a "managers special", saving me $$
2. The checkers bag, AND put in the cart for me!
1. There is a STARBUCKS in store. This reason alone keeps me coming back!

Happy shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Every word is TRUE!! You are a voice for my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit... I love Wally World... but only 1.. The one on Briarwood is the only one I'll shop at.... friendly staff, clean store, samples in the produce section and BAKERY! and its usually all one stop shopping for me... I grew up in the grocery business.. my family all worked for Safeway, as did I, way back when, so I get a sick pit of the stomach kind of thing sometimes when I go into regular grocery stores... I know, I'm weird! Ironically, if I can't go to my favorite Wally World, I'll hit Kings.. but rarely if ever Safeway.. and its the closest!

    ReplyDelete