Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting Through Today

Some days are easier than others. Today is not an easy one. In fact this past week has been pretty difficult.  After helping my husband get through the stomach flu Friday and Saturday, I then got it Sunday along with my Lili. Now here I am Wednesday, still suffering from a raw stomach, cleaning up sheets, floors, bathrooms and clothes from all kinds of bodily fluids that seem to not want to go away. Lets just leave it at that. My point for sharing this awful morning I have had so far is because no one ever tells you that this is going to happen as a mom. Yes, you see your own mother go through it, but nothing ever prepares you for these kinds of days.

 I have this sweet little daily devotional book for moms. It usually starts with a short little lesson about some kind of characteristic a mother has, followed by a Bible verse. Sweet? Yes. Cute? Yep. Uplifting? Perhaps. Practical? Not for me. I need a devotional that has daily advice like, "Today you will be cleaning up poop and vomit, hang in there, Jesus loves you!". Or maybe, "You may want to run away from your life today, please don't, it will get better soon!". Maybe my life is an exeption, maybe things are just that much harder in the Aguirre house!  Even the most normal days at home with my girls have enough struggles to make being a mom so difficult. I have so much on my mind, from finances to family stuff. How do I just focus on today? We are supposed to be leaving town Friday! Go away stomach flu!

I keep having to postpone plans, move play dates, cancel activities...our social life will just have to wait I suppose! In the mean time I will just try to get through today. To my fellow mommies, if you are in need of a daily devotional about poop, I am your girl! 

Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
P.S. I havent baked in so long...*sigh*       

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Soon enough these days will be behind you and you will be a stronger, more organized you. You are a Proverbs 31 women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to write the real life mom's devotional!!!!! Let's do it!!!

    ReplyDelete