Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Puzzle

Lately Isabella has been really into puzzles. She has a small stack of wood ones, cardboard ones, and she even plays virtual ones on computers and iphones. Whatever she can get her hands on! We occasionally lose pieces (mostly because of the little sister's). This drives Bella bonkers. She cannot stand when there are missing pieces, she asks me to go to the store to see if they have the lost pieces. :)

I too hate a missing piece. In a puzzle, or in life. I feel as though there are so many missing pieces in my life. I have my amazing husband and kids and Jesus Christ as my Savior, but I feel as though there are more pieces that need to be filled in. I heard an analogy once relating life to a painting. There are different layers and colors that have to be painted, which initially looks like a mess, but when finished a beautiful painting is revealed.

Perhaps my puzzle will never be finished in this lifetime. Or God may have the missing pieces in His hand waiting to reveal it at the perfect time (something I used to do as a child so that I could be the last to finish the puzzle, oooh  ah hahaha < evil laugh).  Although Gods reasoning behind withholding some  pieces is probably much different than mine!

In the meantime, I wait for the next piece to fall in place. The next step to having God's full plan in place for my life. Yet, why is it so hard to wait and trust? Like I said, I do hate an unfinished puzzle!

Psalm 143:7 "I'll go to sleep each night trusting in you." (The Message)

I love you God, sorry my mind doubts... my heart knows you have it all under control!


Lili, Bella, and Gabi
We did some Easter baking at my moms today! Butterscotch birds nests, sugar cookies, and rice crispy treats!  Notice the new little spatuala's from Mormor?

1 comment: