Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HOPE

Hope 1: to cherish a desire with anticipation 2: to desire with expectation of obtainment 3: to expect with confidence

I have always loved the verse 1 Cor 13:7, I used it on my wedding invitations. I had "faith hope and love" on my wedding cake, I have it all through out my home in various places. I have always found it easy to embrace faith and love, not fully understanding hope. Or experiencing it.  Recently I have discovered hope. There is all kinds of destruction going on around me, all different struggles, I have said this in previous posts. People, who know better, making awful hurtful decisions. I have been having a hard time as well. You see, we are really struggling this month financially. It's hard to admit, especially on a public blog. But I really feel like God wants me to share this and my hope with you. My husband is a great provider. He works extra days just for an extra buck. If you know him at all, you would agree his work ethic is like no other. I have had some random "gigs" lately too, but things are rough.

We have a friend who is a pastor in Greeley, and he tells this story about when he and his wife were first married they got their car repossessed. All he could do was laugh. Things were so bad that he just laughed. I have gotten to that point. I hung up our notice of disconnect from Xcel on the fridge as if it were one of Bella's projects. Our first notice ever! Have you ever had less than a dollar in your bank account? Talk about trust and hope.

We have food in our pantry, a roof over our head and clothes. The girls are (thankfully) clothed by others who love to buy them things. I usually would be stressed to the max, sleepless, and crying. Well ok, I did all that last week. But this week I have a new hope. An anticipation that all things will work out for good. I know God has a plan for all of those people that I am concerned about. I know He will take care of me also.

I am excited for things to come, I am ready for tomorrow.

Romans 12:12 "Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying."

Happy Birthday Mom! I got to bake a lot this week=happy me.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment