Monday, June 6, 2011

Cutting the grass with Scissors

I cleaned my house today, it had been a while! A thorough scrubbing and washing of linens towels, rugs, toilets, mirrors you name it.  But when it came time to vacuum I remembered that my dirt devil is not working! I sucked up a toy hot dog the other day while vacuuming Bellas room. SO I proceeded to use my dust buster to vacuum the living room! I must have looked like a crazy person! I kind of felt like one. I just used it on the main traffic areas, but still, a little nuts. I began to think of how this reminded me of cutting grass with a pair of scissors! I felt like I was making little to no progress with my vacuuming, much like cutting one blade of grass at a time.

Oh man, this applies to so many things in my life. Like I have this huge yard that needs trimming but as soon as I start to make progress I look up and see this big field of grass that still needs to be done. I feel this way in finances, cleaning, parenting, weight loss, my prayer life...I could go on. 

I am a worrier, as I have said before. My husband is not. He talked to me today to encourage me. He sees when my attitude changes. I begin to be preoccupied and cranky as the weight of life issues bare down on my shoulders. He heard a quote from Graham Cooke today that says "Your actions are an echo of your beliefs". Wow, if this is true I show little belief in God that He will take care of me and all my issues. My actions are a reflection of how my heart feels. I really need to put my anxiety into check because I say that I trust God but so often I am anxious.

In the meantime I need to continue cutting (or vacuuming :) what I can, work on the small picture while God can choose to come through with is big sit down mower anytime! I must remember that God can take care of all things that just seem impossible to me.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment