Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's in Storage

Have you ever had to put all of your belongings in storage? I have. It is awful. I have had to twice while living with family. My sister just did, my parents have, and my sister in law has her stuff in one right now. I admire all the missionaries that sell everything and go to foreign countries with nothing. It was hard for me to have my things in a box, unable for me to enjoy. It taught me a lot. It taught me the simple life, a life with less things. I can live without it all, I don't like to but I can! But even harder for me lately is that I feel as though I am putting a lot more in storage than my things. I have dreams for me and my family that I push out of my mind and put into "storage". Because the thoughts and dreams have not completely left my mind, I don't toss them out completely, but rather just put in the big orange storage compartment of my brain.

I think that I am very blessed woman, with a loving husband and 3 healthy girls. But I have these times of asking God why is the day to day stuff so difficult? It feels like I am in the deep end, with my head just above the water, not submerged, but almost. If I were to get hit with any little wave I would inhale some water.

So until I can get all of my hopes and dreams out of storage, (btw that's where I keep my pre-baby body as well, in storage :) I will just lock it all up and keep on swimming!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! So feeling that right now. Well written explanation of exactly all that I'm feeling.... somewhere between a storage unit and a crypt. Its been 5 months since my stuff (and dreams) went into storage, with no foreseeable end in sight. Thanks for putting into words what I'm feeling.... hoping my pre-baby body is in between the boxes somewhere, too!

    ReplyDelete