Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rejected!

I miss blogging! Today while the girls were in playgroup I chose to catch up on some laundry that have been clean in baskets waiting to be out away, the girls had been laying in the baskets playing sleeping babies the night before...so some refolding was needed as well! I give you full time working moms LOTS of credit for balancing all that you do! I find the extra hours I have been baking has been taking a toll on my house work!
This new business venture of mine has also been teaching me to form a thicker skin! I think it is fair to say that NO ONE likes to be rejected, eh? I have been so very blessed with at least 2 baking jobs a week, but I get a couple inquiries a week that I get turned down. Mainly because of my prices. I do however try to stay lower than local bakeries doing the same kinds of cakes. (I just cant beat a Wal-Mart price!) It's just so hard to take a NO sometimes! Not feeling good enough for someone can sure make you feel awful. I am so thankful that I have a wonderful family that doesn't reject me, and LOVES me regardless. More importantly I am thankful for my God who doesn't love me depending on my performance.

I hope this finds you all knowing how accepted you truly are by the King!

Off to design a laptop grooms cake! Yay for my Caroline! Excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment