Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wack Friday

My 3 little turkeys are out, snoring away. My eldest turkey is asleep next to me. I practically had to hold her down so that she would calm herself into a sleep. I pet her hair and sang  How Great, her favorite.

Today was a good day. It always is when Pablo doesn't have to work. The girls LOVE having him home, as do I. Since he leaves for work before they wake, when he is home in the morning Lili will scream "daddy!" and Gabi will snuggle up next to him saying "dada dada". Everyone enjoyed our lunch at Aunt Jennifer and Uncle Ron's. The girls ate 2 helpings of mashed potatoes, Gabi even dropped the spoon at one point and put her mouth directly to the plate! Not to mention Grandma Tesone's homemade noodles that grace our table every year, Gabi also lost the utensil for this item. Yummy.

As I sat here with Bella snoozing away, I was watching the news. The headlining story.....wait for it....BLACK FRIDAY! Yes, lots of deals are to be had. I get it.....ok I don't. At all. Some of the other stories of the night were so much more news worthy to me. A mother missing in Silverthorne, elections in Haiti, among many others. I just think we get so jaded amidst the adds and news stories of this shopping extravaganza. We are so wacked out as a nation. We feel so entitled to things, and stuff. We think we HAVE to participate and supposedly save SO much money. They said on the news that 13 million people are still paying for LAST years Christmas!

My sister got a sweet deal on a tv a few years back on Wack Friday, I know some friends who will be doing toy shopping or their 5 kids, that makes sense to me. But camping out for a "door buster deal"? Standing in 15 degree weather to be the first inside the Coach store? NOT my cup of tea.

Speaking of which, I think I will go make a cup, go to bed and not worrying about rushing around tomorrow with people who are already holiday grumps! Oh, they are already out there! There was this guy at King Soopers (ok tea after one more story!) that yelled at me for being in the way on the entrance. I had been waiting for a "car cart" because they were all taken. After wrangling my children for 10 minutes trying to track one down, then finally my Nemesis (the huge grocery cart) was available. The Mr. Rude Face said, "Do you think this is the best place to be standing?"

I yelled back at the guy,"hey you wanna help me load up my kids? Happy Thanksgiving!"

Good luck to you crazy Black Friday shoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment