Thursday, November 11, 2010

A whole latte blessings!

Was I trying to make this title super cheesy? Yes! Haha, it reminds me of a shirt my brother in law has that says "Scone on?" with a picture of a scone! So cheese, but makes me giggle.

Today the girls and I ventured out to Kings Soopers for a much needed outing. Its been a long week at home. I put the girls into the extra long extended cart at the store. You know the one with the extra little car on front. One of the more annoying things I have ever seen, but it's the only way I can shop with all the girls. We went to the Starbucks in the store to get Bella and  I coffee (usually some kind of latte for me, and a vanilla steamer for Bell :). When in line this lady in front of us was gushing over the girls. She was so nice, and kept saying how cute they were and asking me how I did it. She kept saying you must be so busy! Then she asked what I was ordering. I was shocked and tried to say "oh nothing"! She insisted on buying me a coffee! A perfect stranger! After getting me a pumpkin spice latte, she said "being a mom is hard work, have a blessed day, and a blessed holiday season!". I was left with tears, and a smile! Her gesture was so very thoughtful and much needed! Especially since I use my grocery budget money for my little treat! What is it about coffee? It is a much coveted thing for me. So when this lady gave me a free coffee, it was like she gave me so much more! Although it was a $4 blessing, it was such a huge blessing!

Just this week I have received so many generous little but BIG gestures. You know what I mean? Its the little things! Like my mom sending over chicken noodle soup for dinner when the girls were sick, along with groceries and banana bread for Pablo. His fav. My dad got me a bottle of wine too! Or my godmother dropping off cute outfits for the girls, a pumpkin latte and all kinds off pumpkin goodies from Starbucks! I even tweeted about, saying coffee is like sanity in a cup! Maybe that's why I like them so much! Lattes almost clear my head!

I hope someday I have the same opportunity to drop of things to my girls when they have babies. Or my godsons (I have 2 :) when they could use a pick me up. Though I really hope that I can buy a perfect stranger a coffee! It really is the thought that counts!

After our day of errands, the girls were pooped! And cold!



1 comment: