Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Disobedience

I am feeling a little rebellious, disobedient, whatever you want to call it! I am starting my diet up again to lose more weight for my sis's wedding. I am not feeling it, AT ALL! I am not sure what my deal is but I cant get into the diet groove! I know that no one is forcing me to do this, yet I still feel the pressure! Why? Maybe it is my own pressure, or the weight of the world making me feel like I need to be skinny. Whatever it is, I am wanting to be disobedient! All I can do to understand it at this point is look at my precious little children who disobey me on a daily basis. Tonight I had to put Lili back into the bathtub 3 times! Every time I turned my back this little naked baby was climbing out of the tub and running down the hall! I would put her back in and sure enough, there she goes again!

I often times wonder what is going through their heads when I say "don't touch", and they touch it any way! We always want to do the opposite of what we are told! Rebellion is in all of us, ever since the fall of man. We are born into a world that hates rules and authority. Each of us has our own rebellion. Our own way of disobeying. I feel as though my specific disobedience is towards past issues of mine, but also directly towards God. We are told to treat our bodies as temples because He made them for us.

So here goes another day at attempting to do what I need to do. After celebrating 29 years of life on Monday I think I need to get my butt in gear. 30 is just around the corner! I am feeling old :(

No comments:

Post a Comment