Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lesser of Two Evils

You remember my past entries or mentions of my diet right? Welllll, about that. Although I have lost a lot of weight since November, it is barley noticeable by many. I too cannot see it much, except for on the scale. Oh, and my ring fits better, along with my bras :) I was extreme dieting before and succeeded even during the holiday season. However this time around I kept cheating. After a long talk with my husband, and starting to read the book Born to Crave, I have come to the conclusion that I will not do this diet right now. I have decided to cut portions in half, watch my carbs, and workout. I loathe working out. I think that may be due to all the running my lacrosse and field hockey coaches made me do in high school! At least that is what I choose to blame it on! I also figured out that I love food more than I hate working out! If that makes any sense. In other words, I have chosen the workout route opposed to the extremely restrictive (yet successful) diet I was on. Working out being my lesser evil. So I may not loose another 20 pounds before my sister's wedding, but hopefully I can get down a few more before March 26. I have chosen the lesser of two evils! Because we all know that dieting and working out do seem evil! Yet God wants us to take care of our bodies, so maybe its not so evil?

We ventured out today and went swimming at the rec center today! The girls played in the shallow zero entry pool that has a kiddie slide, and water fountains. I have been meaning to take them all winter and just got to it today! We had a blast, and snacked and swam for hours. It was very tiring, one of those days I needed a nanny, but well worth the work!


*Congratulations to my friend Anita and her new baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina! I love reading your blog. You are so sweet and real! I love seeing the pictures of the girls too! I truly miss all of you, sorry I'm not better at staying in touch! I haven't seen you in a while so I know I will notice your weight loss when I see you next! Keep on cousin, you can do it!!! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete