Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Life in Time Lapse

I am not a very "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. I like to know whats happening next, at what time, and with whom. So when my husband said at 10:00 am Saturday morning, lets go to the mountains for the night, you can imagine the instant list and planning that began to scroll through my head! I think its funny how mothers never really have a vacation, especially when the kids go! I sit here Sunday night and imagine my weekend in a time lapse. I would LOVE to see just one day of mine recorded and played back in fast forward! I think it would be hilarious. My cousin did a time lapse one year of his family's Thanksgiving. The family scurried about like ants. I feel this way in life. Going back and forth, going in circles, running around in a hurry, and looking back not know what just happened to 24 hours of my life.

Yet there was a moment this weekend that was for ME. I mean my life is full of special moments. Moments with my children, like this weekend waking up to little smiles peering over their pack n plays. Or watching them giggle and jump on the hotel beds (NOT allowed at home :). Or holding my husbands hand chatting about life as we drive 3 hours to Glenwood Springs. These moments are all priceless, and wonderful. But rarely do I have Nina moments. My friend Hayley and I were just talking about those moments where God reveals His love for you. I had one this weekend. As my time lapse life was in motion. The babies swam with Pablo, Bella sat next to me on the steps in the hot springs, and I noticed the sun was shinning with no clouds in the sky. I looked up in search of the warm sun on my face. I sat in the hot springs, with the suns rays on my face. I thought for a moment I was not in the cold mountains, but on a beach in the warm ocean. It was weird. I literally felt Gods love warm my soul and place me in a different state of mind. Its moments like those that get me through the chaos that is my life. It was a moment like in the movies when time stands still around you.

Although this was not the trip my husband and I long for (7 days child-less in the Caribbean, haha), it was fun. Something I wish we had money for more often. In the mean time, I will hold onto my moment of calm and Love, the moment that seemed to be paused in my time lapse!

The Lord says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love." Jeremiah 31:3

I pray God finds you in your chaos, hurt, stress, and busy life and reveals is deep love for you.

Now for pics, HOT SPRINGS!!!



"My name is Isabella Brooke", as she introduced herself to people at the springs!



The girls and I
 

Boots and swim suits!



Lili and Gabi
 


Gues who kept running out of this picture?
 

The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment