Friday, February 11, 2011

Life: Ordinary or Extraodinary?

I have been having one of those weeks. If you read my recent posts and clearly see that! Everything has just felt so ordinary. Blah. Nothing fun or special. I love, love, love the snow, but it is keeping me home bound with the girls. You see, we don't have a garage. May not seem like a big deal, but it is SUCH a hassle getting the girls in the car! When we load up to get in the car its usually like wrangling a heard of small animals. We go outside with my hands loaded with diaper bags, blankets, etc. But when there is snow outside it is just a site! Gabi usually sits down in the snow, or lays down in it, then proceeds to eat it. Lili usually just runs around screaming in it and inevitably ends up falling. Then there is Bella, off in lala land dancing and stomping with her snow boots. This makes for one cold and wet trip in the car.

After nearly four sleepless nights with Lili, (look at my "New" post :) I was trying to figure out why she wasn't sleeping. She has been drooling and cutting teeth like crazy so I tried to just blame it on that. With no other symptoms other than sleepless nights I had no idea what was going on. My mom had said on Sunday, "Maybe its an ear infection?". I thought well maybe...but like I said there was nothing else going on, no fever, no tugging on the ears, and her appetite was good too. Well you know the saying. "mother knows best". In this case it was the mother of the mother, they really know best! Sure enough...double ear infections! My poor baby. Bad mommy! Ah, the guilt that come with being a mom!

You should have seen us load up for the doctor. I think it was still -1 degree outside at 8:45am. There was an opening at 9:15 at the doc. Uh...to dress or not to dress? We would never make it if I tried to cloth everyone! So I grabbed the diaper bag (I try to pre stock it for such occasions), took Bella potty...and off to the car. After hats, coats, and gloves, I carried each pajama kid to the car one by one. Through the snow and negative temps. Whoever was remaining inside would press their little faces against the sliding glass door and cry til I returned for them.

We made it to the appointment! We got looks from other parents. Yes, My kids are in their PJ's, so?

My ordinary life may feel ordinary at times. I may feel alone (although Pablo is such a great father and husband) as a mom, you just feel alone sometimes. A lot of mothers just feel that way I think. Yet, I have never had such great adventures in my life. Thanks Kari R, and Liz P for the feedback on FB! You are extraordinary mommies!

Ordinary: of a common everyday kind

Extraordinary: very unusual and deserving attention and comment because of being wonderful, excellent, strange, or shocking

I looked up some definitions, just be sure. Yep, my life is extraordinary!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Nina... we can have the BEST husbands in the world, but there are moments when mommihood is lonely. You are an inspiration to see these moments as adventures. Thanks for the reminder :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete